Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life after coffee

Life after coffee

Because there is no life before coffee!

True isn't it? I think I wouldn't be wrong if I say I sleep just to wake up for coffee! (Oh what a loser that makes me!)
But seriously, how many of us can wake up without our caffeine kick? Anyone, anyone?
Yeah, I thought as much.

Some of my fondest memories of college are just hanging around at the coffee shop and chat away into the evenings like nobody's business. It is no different now - I usually go for at least 2 coffee breaks during the day. After all without coffee breaks, there will be no accomplishments now, would there?

I can't even imagine to start writing on the options or preferences to making the perfect cuppa. Automatic drip or French press? Ground or whole bean? Fiery or frosty? Regular or decaf? Americano, cappuccino, espresso, macchiato, mocha, or latte?

For me the type of coffee depends on the mood and the time of the day. A strong espresso does it for the morning, a mild sweet one after a meal and a cold one for those rare hot afternoons. Here is my version of Iced coffee, which I make using the cold brew method which also is less acidic.

I will not touch on the various methods, beans, ways, machines to make coffee. A single post would never really be enough for it all - and it wouldn't be fair either to this elixir. More posts to come in the future. Share

11 comments:

  1. It is so very true...I really need to have my cuppa caffeine every morning...That makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee is now considered as a healthy drink, so it is consumed by many people around the world and has become the most asked drink among others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't say much about coffee, but that is one beautifully captured picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nidhi, I really love your coffee photo. Did you take it in the dark room with only a lamp on the right side ?
    I want to try it sometime.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved this post, y bcoz coffee is an elixir to me too and as u said even i sleep just to wake up for the morning cuppa and it wud b none other than my filter coffee. I did a posting on coffee sometime back and i was too excited to write about coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tika Hapsari Nilmada Yes it was a dark room with a black background. I used an off camera flash with a snoot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that photo... the steam and the darkness made the photo spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo is fantastic. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but maybe I should be. It makes a beautiful looking photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwa...ugh....er...moogah...

    I have not had my first cup of coffee today, because I'm waiting for the dishwasher to finish cleaning my coffee pot.

    Help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's right, i never skip drinking coffee everyday.

    ReplyDelete