Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My beloved Citrus press


So you know about my love for a good, nutritious and healthy diet. ( I wanted to add 'fit' or 'fitness' also somewhere in the sentence, but alas I can't remember when I last worked out, so have to give it a miss for now..). Ok, so I think I am quite committed to eating and feeding my people nutritious meals. Of course my husband would argue that I use this excuse each time I am at the kitchen section at Manor gazing at the 'ultimate kitchen tool'. Haha...that would actually be quite true. I love to buy kitchen equipment making myself believe that this is just the kind of equipment I need to combat my laziness.

Anyways, so having experimented with a couple of heavy duty mixer-grinders for juices etc, I figured I am no good at it, and the Magic bullet is just what I need. But you see, it ain't good enough to juice an orange or the oh-so-nutritious grapefruit. (Of course, it's no good even at chopping onions, but we'll see to it some other time!)

So when this fabulous little (little?) equipment caught my eye, I decided to get it. A citrus press. It is not a machine - just a manual press that is quite sturdy, and the best part is that it is completely mess-free. Just halve your fruit, place it on the juicer, and press real hard. Voila, you have a fresh and refreshing glass of OJ!. Of course the juice you see in the picture here is not from the same oranges you see in the picture! We had only 2 of those 'orange' oranges left, so we used another variety which was quite yellow in colour (forget which one though). Needless to say, taking the picture took a lot longer than actually making the juice! :)
Anyways, there you have it - our latest acquisition on the road to a healthy diet. Share

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the posting...it reminded me how much I always wanted one...where did you happen to locate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Where did you get it? Is it available in India?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these in the shops, yours looks real nice though better than the ones I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting kitchen gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack - I bought this at some shop in Germany close to the border - can't remember the name. But after all the questions I got, I looked up in ricardo, and found it here..quite reasonably priced too..
    http://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/haushalt-und-wohnen/kochen-und-backen/kuechengeraete/sonstiges/-die-letzte-zitruspresse-chrom-np-4900-/v/an580893448/

    Shanthi,
    I don't know if it is available in India. I live in Switzerland at the moment.

    ReplyDelete